MUNIN aims to develop and verify a concept for an autonomous ship. Short-term applications of autonomy refer to enhanced shore-support and automated lookout as well as increased maritime safety, efficiency and reliability. Thus, MUNIN will be present with a workshop at the SMM (Shipbuilding, Machinery & Marine Technology – International Trade Fair) on September 10th 2014 from 09:00 to 13:00 in Hamburg.
In the workshop on the project’s “Short-term Application“ the following topics will be addressed:
- Waterborne TP Strategic research agenda: The autonomous ship (SEA Europe)
- Introduction to unmanned vessel activities (Fraunhofer CML)
- Rolls-Royce approach towards unmanned vessels (Rolls-Royce)
- Unknown waters: Public view on unmanned vessels (MARINTEK)
- Navigational shore-support: A new perspective (Chalmers Technical University)
- Harsh weather operation: Increased safety and efficiency (Fraunhofer CML)
- Enhanced lookout through sensor systems (Aptomar AS)
- How to assure engine propulsion reliability (Hochschule Wismar)
We are looking forward to your non-committal registration until August 31st, 2014!
Please send your registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.